I. Types Of Award The above awards are not scholarships but are financial assistance given to needy students in the form of interest-free study loans or part-loan, part-grant study awards. Study loans are repayable by monthly instalments upon graduation. The type of award to be offered to any one student will be decided at the absolute discretion of the Foundation.
II. Value Of Award (Subject to change at the absolute discretion of the Foundation) For students in Malaysian Public Universities The value of each award will be:
a. RM12,000/- p.a. for Medicine / Dentistry / Veterinary Medicine
b. RM11,000/- p.a. for Science based courses
c. RM10,000/- p.a. for Arts based courses
For students in Singapore Public Universities The value of each award will be:
a. up to RM28,000 p.a. for students reading Medicine & Dentistry.
b. up to RM20,000 p.a. for students reading courses other than Medicine & Dentistry.
III. Conditions For Application
a. Only Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply.
b. Applicants should possess good academic qualifications and should be active in school.
c. Kuok Foundation Undergraduate Awards are for needy students only.
d. Only undergraduates / prospective undergraduates reading for full-time first degree courses are eligible to apply. Those pursuing Diploma, Foundation, off-campus courses, etc. are not eligible to apply.
IV. Procedure For Application
Please read the following instructions carefully before filling the form :
1. All applications must be made on the official application forms of the Foundation. Completed forms should reach the Foundation’s office on or before the closing date at the following address: Kuok Foundation Berhad (Undergraduate Awards) 14th Floor Wisma Jerneh, 38 Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 KUALA LUMPUR Late applications will not be considered.
2. Applicants must enclose certified copies of the following documents :
(a) University / College / Polytechnic acceptance letter (as soon as available)
(b) SPM / SPVM / ‘O’ level / UEC results or equivalent
(c) STPM / ‘A’ level / Matriculation / Foundation or equivalent & MUET results
(d) University / College / Polytechnic results
(e) School testimonials and school leaving certificates
(f) Identity card and birth certificate
3. Particulars of all brothers and sisters must be provided irrespective of whether they are contributing any income to the family. Applicants should also ensure that particulars of parents / guardian, all brothers and sisters are verified by submitting copies of the following documents :
a. Parents’ / Guardian’s identity cards or death certificate, if deceased.
b. Parents’ / Guardian’s proof of income i.e. Income Tax Form J / B / BE together with EA Form for the last 2 years. In the case of business income, please also submit Statement of Income and Expenditure / Profit and Loss Account for the last 2 years. If parents’ / guardian’s income is not taxable, please submit other proof of income such as latest EA Form, official salary slip or official letter from employer confirming their income. Letter from employer should be on the company’s letterhead and must have the employer’s full name and telephone numbers.
c. Birth certificates of all brothers and sisters.
d. If brothers and sisters are working, please submit their Income Tax Form J / B / BE together with EA Form and Statement of Income and Expenditure / Profit and Loss Account (in the case of business income) for the last 2 years. If their income is not taxable, please submit other proof of income such as latest EA Form, official salary slip or official letter from employer confirming their income. Letter from employer should be on the company’s letterhead and must have the employer’s full name and telephone numbers.
e. If brothers and sisters are pursuing higher education in colleges / universities / institutions, please submit letters or documents to confirm that they are currently students of the colleges / universities / institutions.
Note : If brothers and sisters are studying, please state level of education eg. Std 1, Form 6 etc. and where they are studying in Section ‘C’ of the Application Form.
4. Applicants who are waiting for acceptance into University should list their choice of courses and universities in order of preference on a separate sheet of paper which should be attached to the Application Form. Only the first choice should be stated in Section ‘B’ of the Application Form.
5. Referees stated in Section ‘H’ of the Application Form must be able to provide information on applicant’s family background when requested by the Foundation. The referees should also be contactable by telephone during office hours. Please ensure that the telephone numbers given are valid and correct.
6. Please ensure that all documents and information requested are enclosed / stated. If documents mentioned in Section 4 above or information required are not immediately available, please explain why and submit them within 1 month from the closing date for application. Applicant’s name and university must be stated when submitting these documents. Please note that all documents submitted will not be returned to applicants regardless of the outcome of their applications. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
7. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview. It is important for applicants to give their telephone contact to enable the Foundation to call them for interview if shortlisted.
Where to Get the application form Application forms can be downloaded from HERE or obtained from:-
Kuok Foundation Berhad (Undergraduate Awards 2011) 14th Floor Wisma Jerneh, 38 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala LumpurClosing Date Completed forms must reach the Foundation on or before 8 April 2011. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview. For more details. please visit KUOK FOUNDATION WEBSITE.