Malaysian students planning to pursue full-time undergraduate studies (1st degree course) tenable at recognised universities in Malaysia or Overseas are eligible to apply.
Applications for the Shell Malaysia 2016 will be closed on 10 February 2016
Disabled students are encouraged to apply.
Local Scholarships Overseas Scholarships Meet our Shell Scholars Apply Now
This is open to students who will be undertaking full time first degree courses at the preferred Malaysian and JPA approved international universities based in Malaysia.
Preferred Degree Discipline
• Any Oil and Gas field related degrees (Eg. Technical Engineering, logistics and supply chain management etc)
*Students with physical disabilities (Orang Kurang Upaya) are not restricted in their choice and may apply to do a degree in any discipline.
• Strong leadership skills and active participation in extracurricular activities such as societies and clubs, sports, etc.
• Not presently holding other scholarship/loans.
• Disabled Identification Card certified by Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat (where applicable)
• Consistently strong academic achievements as follows:
For Undergraduate studies
- Strong academic results in the STPM (minimum 3A’s & 1B) or A-Levels (minimum 2A’s & 1B)
- Minimum of 3.5 CGPA at Matriculation / Diploma level Applications
Applications may be submitted based on the latest semester results (for Matriculation, Diploma and ‘A’ Levels students) or trial examination results (for STPM students).
Shell Malaysia reserves the right to verify the information provided. Shell Malaysia aims to reflect the diversity of the communities it works in and will award the scholarships on this basis.
*Please refer to the list below for preferred Malaysian Public and Private Universities.
1. Universiti Malaya (UM)
2. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
3. Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
4. Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
5. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
6. International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
7. Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
8. Universiti Malaysia Perlis
9. Universiti Malaysia Pahang
10. Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia
11. University Malaysia Sabah
12. Universiti Teknologi Petronas
13. Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
14. Universiti Malaysia Sarawak
15. National Defense Universiti of Malaysia
1. Multimedia University
2. Universiti Tenaga Nasional
3. University of Nottingham Malaysia
4. Taylors University
5. Monash University Malaysia
6. Curtin University of Technology Sarawak
7. HELP University
Apply for Shell Malaysia Scholarship 2016/2017 here>> http://www.shell.com.my/aboutshell/careers-mys/students-and-graduates/scholarship.html
Shell-Malaysia Scholarship Student testimonials
The followings are some Shell-Malaysia Scholars testimonials about this scholarship.
Edwin Chiew – Shell scholar currently working as a Production Geoscientist in Shell Malaysia Exploration & Production.
Location: Sarawak Shell Berhad, Miri, MalaysiaUniversity: University of BristolStudied: Bachelor of Science in GeologyJoined Shell: December 2012
How did you benefit from the Shell Malaysia Scholarship?
Getting Shell Malaysia Scholarship pushed me to be disciplined throughout my degree in order to achieve the minimum requirement set. I always see myself as an ambassador of Shell that I ought to perform well both academically and socially.
Without doubt, the scholarship enabled me to study abroad which helped me to dive deep into focusing on my study without any worries on financial terms. It was a true excellent experience that I have had to read Geology in the UK as the country offers rocks of all different types from different ages dating back into Precambrian. Besides, as a Shell Malaysia Scholarship holder, it prepared me to start my career with Shell upon graduation.
How would you describe your role in Shell?
I am currently part of the Geosciences graduate scheme. Building and refining geological models, understanding regional geology, and of course, looking at rocks are my day-to-day work. Apart from being a geologist, I look at seismic (geophysics) no less frequently in order to understand a particular field from seismic perspective. It is one of the best tools to understand whatever is deep down under the Earth’s surface after all.
What do you like most about the job?
One very interesting thing about my job is the collaborative working environment. I love the fact that you need to involve colleagues from other disciplines for your projects and it is all about teamwork. You can never work alone. This encourages me to understand more about what other disciplines, ie. Reservoir Engineers, Petrophysicists and Production Technologists are doing, and eventually helps you to know the bigger picture of Shell business as a whole.
How’s your experience in getting the job?
I did an assessed internship as part of the scholarship contract. It was a rewarding experience as I got to work as a professional even before I graduated. Having this internship allowed me to have an insight on what an Oil and Gas industry is like, in a way gave me a different perspective on Geology when I was going into my final year. I got the job offer right after I finished my internship and had my work contract sorted out during the final year.
Things that you can’t live without?There are more visit Shell-Malaysia Scholars - Meet Our Shell Scholars.
Family and Music!