More than 19,000 students have benefited from PETRONAS' tertiary education sponsorship programmes at the Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, while more than 11,000 secondary school students have received sponsorships.
Sponsorships are awarded to students who have obtained excellent results in the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) examinations for undergraduate studies at established universities, both in Malaysia and overseas. Students can choose to pursue technical and non-technical courses that are relevant to the industry.
Latest scholarship updates. Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme (PESP) for UTP or Overseas Universities is now available. Deadline is today 26th March 2014 so apply now!
Better still, contact them for more information on how to submit your application. Application for this scholarship is available online.
The Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme (PESP) is open to Malaysia's most outstanding students to pursue undergraduate studies in Oil and Gas related fields. Eligible candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed prior to final selection.
Deadline: Mar 26, 2014
• Malaysian citizens aged between 19-19 years old in 2014
• Possess strong leadership skills and active participation (demonstrable) in extra-curricular activities
For UTP and overseas (technical courses)
• Obtained minimum of 7A+ and 2A- in SPM 2013 inclusive of the following subjects - Physics and Chemistry
For non-technical fields at overseas universities
• Obtained a minmum of 7A+ and 2A- in SPM 2013
• Engineering (chemical, civil, electrical & electronic, mechanical, petroleum)
• Petroleum Geoscience
For Overseas universities (technical)
• Engineering (chemical, mechanical, petroleum)
• Geology or Geophysics
For Overseas universities (non-technical)
• Accounting, Commerce or Finance
• Actuarial Science
How to Apply
• Apply online here
• For applicants who wish to study at UTP, it is compulsory for you to submit related UTP admission applications via http://www.utp.edu.my
• Application guidelines can be read here
• Online application form filling guideline can be viewed here
• Application results will be release via Petronas' portal on 4 April 2014. Final results will be released in May 2014.
• Contact 03 - 2331 2277 for more info