Syarat Biasiswa Yang Dipertuan Agong Untuk Pelajar Malaysia
Yang di-Pertuan Agong scholarship is now open for application. If you are interested to apply please read the below details.
Qualified and interested student are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Submit your application online at http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my before the deadline.
This scholarship will cover for students who are:-
(a) funds the costs of Masters and PhD programmes in local and overseas institutions.
(b) targets applicants who are pursuing courses in Science & Technology, Economics and Law.
(c) is provided by the Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA).
* There are six scholarships given out to applicants at the Masters level, while another six scholarships are given to applicants at the PhD level.
The followings are some of the basic requirement to apply for this scholarship.
(a) Outstanding achievements academically.
(b) Active involvement in co-curricular activities, community service or the creative and innovative arts.
(c) Performance during the interview.
(a) Malaysian citizen.
(b) Under the age of 30 during the first year of their Masters/PhD studies.
(c) Possesses a bachelors degree or a Masters recognised by the government with a minimum CGPA of 3.75 or a first class honours or any equivalent achievement.
(d) active involvement in co-curricular activities, community service or the creative and innovative arts.
(e) Preference would be given to those who speak more than one international language.
(f) Accepted into a local or a world-renowned overseas institution upon application.
Scholarships rates per month
(a) United States of America – USD 1923.00
(b) United Kingdom – £ 1639.50
(c) Australia – AUD 2070.00
(d) New Zealand – NZD 2174.00
(e) Malaysia – RM1,760.00 (Masters) & RM2,500 (PhD)
* Other related allowances will also be covered. However, tuition fees are paid directly to the university.
* Successful applicants who are sent overseas are required to return to Malaysia to serve for at least five years.
* For applicants who received the JPA scholarship for their undergraduate studies, they are to serve longer as it is a combination of their degree and postgraduate studies funded by JPA.
* The application form can be downloaded here. Applicants must print the form and send it either by hand or post to the following address:
Ketua Pengarah Perkhidmatan Awam Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia Bahagian Pembangunan Modal InsanAras 5, Blok C1, Kompleks C Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan 62510 PUTRAJAYA.
(u.p: Unit Penawaran Latihan Sebelum Perkhidmatan)
(a) Applicants may only send in one application only.
(b) Applicants are to provide verified photocopies of documents and certificates with their application form. These documents and certificates must be presented during the interview.
(c) All applications are processed after the deadline. Only short-listed applicants will be called for interview.
(d) For applicants in civil service, they need to fill out an extra form which is the JPA(L)LDP 1B/96 (Pin.1/2003) form that must be verified with LNPT marks of 2008, 2009 and 2010 by the head of department.
(e) Applicants who have parents that are blacklisted by the government in the JPA study loan scheme will be rejected.
(f) applicants have not started their Masters/PhD studies before this announcement.
(g) NO appeal will be extended for those who were not shorlisted for the interview.
(a) Applicants can check to see if they’ve been shortlisted for an interview at the JPA website
(b) Shorlisted applicants will be informed through an online letter (calling for an interview) from the JPA website. Print the letter and present it during the interview.
* For any enquiries, please call 03-8885 3436 / 3892 / 3564 from 8am – 5pm during every working day or e-mail [email protected]