Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) Malaysia is offering Malaysian International Scholarship for postgraduate studies in Malaysia. Any interested and qualified student from countries with diplomatic relation and bilateral cooperation with Malaysia is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Malaysian International Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies in Malaysia for International students, check out the followings for further details about this scholarship.
Organization Type: Government Agencies
Fund type: Scholarship
Sponsored by: Ministry of Higher Education
Malaysian International Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies provides opportunities for students from countries with diplomatic relations and bilateral cooperation with Malaysia to pursue advanced academic study in Malaysia. The purpose of this scholarship is to promote bilateral arrangement with partner countries on government to government basis, and to encourage students from other countries to study in Malaysia with the view to facilitate future collaboration and exchange of scholars in enhancing educational cooperation between Malaysia and partner countries.Malaysian International Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies are available for postgraduate studies at Masters and PhD level tenable at Malaysian Universities. The duration of the award is 36 months for PhD and between 12 to 24 months for Masters programme.
ELIGIBILITYThe scholarship is open equally to qualified candidate up to 45 years of age at the time of application.
Candidates should at the time of application, obtain a degree or equivalent qualification with at least upper second class honours, (or CGPA 3.0) for Master’s programme; and hold a Master’s degree with good grade for Phd programme.
The candidates must demonstrate outstanding verbal, reading and writing proficiency in the English language through one of the following:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Test administered by the International English Language Testing> Service (IEL TS).
If deemed necessary, applicants may also be required to attend an interview and/or take an entrance test or English Test conducted by the Ministry of Higher Education or the Board of Admissions of the particular university.
Applicants must be in good health, both physically and mentally.
APPLICATION TO THE UNIVERSITYUniversity’s application for admission is solely the candidate’s responsibility. Proof of admission is not a pre-requisite to the award. Selection committee for Malaysian International Scholarship will only consider qualified applicants with outstanding academic achievement and professional performance. Interested applicants are advised to apply before the beginning of the academic year which falls on the month of July for most of Malaysian university. The scholarship awarded does not guarantee a placement in the university. Admission to any program is by way of applications to the university. Applications must abide to the requirement and procedure for admission set by the university.
VALUE OF AWARDSEach scholarship consists of:
* a return air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia;
* an approved tuition fees by the respective university;
* a maintenance allowance at the rate of RM1 ,200.00 per month; ix. a yearly grant for books and internal travel;
* thesis allowance, installation and termination grant.
No marriage/family allowance for accompanying spouse or children.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF AWARDSThe following conditions apply to all scholarship holders:
* Scholarship holders must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
* Scholarship holders must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct. Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of the award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension.
* Scholarship holders are responsible for securing an appropriate entry visa including medical examination.
* Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
* Any periods of leave must be approved by the university and in accordance with the purposes of the scholarship. It is expected that leave will be normally spent in Malaysia, but the university may approve a short period spent overseas. A student wishing to travel overseas for an extended period would first need to establish medical or compassionate grounds before Immigration clearance could be obtained. Expenses for such travel are not included in the scholarship.
* The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research will normally be carried out in Malaysia. If appropriate it ,may be possible for a limited amount of research to be carried out in scholar’s home country but financing of such an arrangement would be the responsibility of the scholar.
* Scholarships holders are not allowed to take any paid employment in Malaysia during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
* Upon termination of studies, scholarships holders are expected to return to their respective home countries immediately.
* This award is only given once to any successful applicant.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIPApplicants should complete the application form ( in 2 copies) attached with this document. The following documentation must be attached with the application form:
* A certified copy of the applicant’s current passport showing evidence of citizenship;
* The applicant’s academic transcripts, testimonials and/ or references relating to the relevant study, co-curricullum activities, achievements;
* Curriculum vitae;
* Passport-size photograph (2 copies);
* Completed Medical Report;
* A clear and precise study or research plan (for postgraduate studies);
* English language proficiency certificate or test score (if any);
* Admission letter from the university; and
* Two letters of recommendation.
Notes:All certificates and related documents submitted must be certified by a recognised official or by the institution that issued the documents and must bear the official stamp and signature of the certifier. Official translation in English is required if the transcript is in other languages.
Applications must be endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or agency responsible for technical cooperation in the respective recipient’s Government and submitted to the Malaysian Goverment
Representatives in the country in which the applicant has his/her permanent home; or send direct to:
The Secretary GeneralMinistry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia Multilateral Economy and Environment Division
No 1, Jalan Wisma Putra, Presint 2
ROLE OF NOMINATING GOVERNMENT
* Each participating country is invited to submit two (2) nominations only.
* The nominating agency is responsible for nominating candidates for the scholarship and is expected:
a. to disseminate information about scholarships as widely as possible especially to all government agencies and public institutions of higher learning;
b. to ensure all applications are completed according to requirements;
c. to ensure that only qualified applicants are short listed;
d. to nominate only the best among the applicants; and
e. to assist them for departure, if selected.
For further enquiries, prospective applicants can either request or write directly to the nearest Malaysian Diplomatic Mission or the following address:
Scholarship DivisionMinistry of Higher Education Malaysia Level 4,
Block 1, PjH Tower, Precint 2
Federal Goverment Administration Centre
website : http://www.mohe.gov.my
Please visit Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme’s website, http://www.mtcp.epu.jpm.my for the details.
RESULTS OF SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS
The results of the successful applicants will be announced through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Malaysian Mission of that particular nominating country.