We have been receiving many emails from our readers about how to apply for the IPTA, Premier Polytechnic, TEVT & ILKA. We found that the guidelines and tips from www.afterschool.my could answer some of those question. If you are thinking about applying for the IPTA, Premier Polytecnic, TEVT and ILKA, this is a complete guidelines for you. Good luck!
Every year, students who’ve completed their SPM, STPM, Pre-University and Diploma are faced with the worry of applying for the IPTA through UPU. This year, we decided to make things a little easier for you and publish a short step-by-step guide on what you have to do to apply for your dream course!
Buy a pin number from BSN.
* You can do it via ATM, online banking (through http://www.mybsn.com.my/) or SMS banking
* You can get a list of all the BSN ATM branches here: http://www.mybsn.com.my/mybsnweb/ccBranchLocator_add.do
* For more info on how to apply for the pin number, click here http://upu.mohe.gov.my/portal/epanduan/panduan_bsn.pdf
* The pin number will cost RM10.60 per person
* You will be given a Unique ID
Step 2:Go to the UPU website
* Click on the e-borang application which applies to you
* There are three categories:
a. IPTA/Premier Polytechnic applications for post-SPM or equivalent
b. ILKA and TEVT applications for post-SPM or equivalent
c. IPTA applications for post-STPM/ matriculation/ asasi/ diploma/ diploma/ STAM or equivalent
* Fill in your details, including your Unique ID and choose your course
* UPU Website: http://upu.mohe.gov.my/
Tip: If you’re not sure which course to take, go to http://imascu.upu.mohe.gov.my/ to find outwhich course suits you
Step 3:Submit your online application
* You are only allowed to submit ONE application
* You can only change/ update your application THREE (3) times. After that, it will be finalised.
Deadline: 2nd April 2012
** STPM/Asasi/Diploma students who are interested in applying for a course in USM need to apply via their website: http://pohon.usm.my starting 9 January 2012.
Just So You Know:
* SPM students can only apply for Asasi and Diploma courses. STPM, Diploma and Foundation students can apply for degree courses
* Most Asasi courses are only applicable to Bumiputera students. However, UPM’s Asasi Sains Pertanian and all of UPNM’s Asasi programmes are open to non-bumis. Rest assured, though, everyone can apply to diploma programmes.
* TEVT: Institut Pendidikan Teknikal & Latihan
* ILKA: Institut Latihan Kemahiran Awam
Useful Links:1. Confused about whether to take Asasi or Diploma? Afterschool.my explains it all in “Matrikulasi, Asasi or Diploma?”
2. Get a list of all the IPTAs here: http://www.mohe.gov.my/portal/institusi/ipta.html
3. Keep track of all the important dates for your UPU applications: http://upu.mohe.gov.my/portal/epanduan/TARIKH-TARIKH_PENTING_1213.pdf
4. For a list of all the institutions involved, go to https://online.mohe.gov.my/upu/onlineupu/index.php?jentransaksi=1 and click on “Apa itu IPTA/ Politeknik Premier/ TEVT(Politeknik)/ ILKA?“
All the Best!