The Ministry of Education has opened applications for admission to session Matriculation Program 2013/2014. Form 5 students who will be sitting for Malaysian Certificate of Education (MCE) 2012 can apply for entry to the Matriculation Programme 2013/2014.
Ministry of Education Matriculation program offers majors and the following flow:
a. Sciences (M001)
b. Accounting Department (M003)
c. Technical Flow (M007)
d. Duration of Program
Matriculation program duration
i. Two semesters of matriculation One Year Program (PST)
ii. Four semesters of matriculation Two-Year Program (PDT)
The intake of students is made as follows;
* In May of PST.
* In June of PDT.
Matriculation Program Eligibility:
1. Applicants must be Malaysian citizens.
2. Applicants are bumiputera students below the age of 20 years on January 1, 2013.
3. Non-indigenous students from government or government-aided schools may also apply.
4. Students are also required to register and take the following subjects in the SPM examination in 2012.
5. To follow the Department of Science (M001) – Bahasa Melayu, English, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics or Biology.
6. To follow the Accounting Department (M003) – Bahasa Melayu, English, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics and where – where two subjects of Principles of Accounting, Economics, Commerce, Entrepreneurial Studies, Science, Additional Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Subjects Engineering (Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical & Electronic Engineering Education / Engineering Technology / Engineering Drawing).
7. For the following Technical Flow (M007) – Malay, English, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and any one of the subjects of Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical & Electronic Engineering Education / Engineering Technology.
Minimum eligibility requirements for Matriculation Programme One Year (PST) is as follows:
1. Sciences (M001)
2. C in Bahasa Melayu, English, Mathematics and Chemistry
3. B in Maths
4. C in one of the subjects of Physics or Biology, Accounting Department (M003)
5. C in Bahasa Melayu, English and Mathematics
6. E in Additional Mathematics
7. C in two subjects of Principles of Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Trade, Additional Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Subjects of Engineering (Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering and Electronics / Engineering Technology / Engineering Drawing) Technical Flow (M007)
8. C in Bahasa Melayu, English, Mathematics and Physics
9. B in Maths and Technical Drawing
10. E in Chemistry
11. C in one subject from the School of Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Engineering Technology
Minimum eligibility requirements for Matriculation Programme Two Years (PDT) is as follows:
1. C in Bahasa Melayu, English, Mathematics and Chemistry
2. D in Mathematics
3. C in one of the subjects of Physics / Biology / Engineering Subjects (School of Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering and Electronics / Engineering Technology)
Merit points Matriculation Application
a. It should be noted the above requirements is the MINIMUM qualifications, the Matriculation will choose those with excellent results and meet the prescribed merit points. Selection of students is made based on meritocracy. Calculation taking into account the 90% merit and 10% academic curriculum.
b. Please make a search “matriculation merit points” and read the comments that are in category Matriculation to better understand it. Those who failed to get bids Matriculation Programme One year there will likely be considered for the following Two-Year Program Matrikukasi.
How to Apply Matriculation Program
a. Application to matriculation program can be made through an internet application (PMI). Before completing the application form, the applicant must have Individual Identification Number (NPI), which can be obtained at – BSN branch cost RM6.00.
b. Applicants can also obtain this number by a teacher or school counselor.
c. Internet application can be made at the following portal;
Application to the Ministry of Education Matriculation Programme Session 2013/2014
For MORE information, visit this LINK
* The closing date for applications for admission to matriculation program in 2013 is on October 10, 2012.
* Application ineligible candidate / inaccurate / incomplete and later than the closing date will not be processed.
* Matriculation Application Review
* Students can check the application by visiting the website of the Ministry of Education in the early or mid-February 2013 to make corrections if necessary information is allowed.
* Students can check the results of the application by visiting the website of the Ministry of Education in the early or mid-April 2013 to know the status of the application.
* Offer letter should be printed by the successful candidates and take him at check-in matriculation colleges on a specified date. Students can get more information about the offer letter by contacting the college offered.
* Matriculation College student placement to be determined by the Ministry of Education Matriculation. Please refer to the College Matriculation and link to their website in Matriculation Program
* For unsuccessful applicants can appeal open for two weeks from the date of announcement of the results of the application in mid-April 2013. Unsuccessful applicants may offer to enter Matriculation Two-Year Program (PDT).
* If you have any questions or want more information, please refer to the portal application Online Application for matriculation program or website Matriculation or Matriculation program or contact the Student Affairs Sector Matriculation at telephone 03 8884 4083 or fax 03 8884 4028.
* You can also come to the Matriculation Division, Ministry of Education, Level 6-7, Block E15, Government Complex Parcel E, Federal Government Administrative Centre, 62604 Putrajaya.