1. Teach and guide your child form small to learn it step by step and in a creative way. Encouraging and linking mathematics with reality and stories will help kids to be interested in learning and knowing.
2. There two type of children the slow learner and the fast learner, the slow learner will be slow in picking up ideas on mathematics but do not discourage them but always shoe them the right learning methods. The ability of learning mathematics differ form a child to another , this will lead them to be interested in the subject or just feel bored with it. To avoid the boringness you should always speed up the process with the fast and be very patient with the slow learner and make it interesting to them.
3. Teach your child to understand the concept, process and the reasoning behind it. Do not allow them to memories this will fail them. Build a strong mathematic foundation in them from small and don’t force your kid to learn something for scoring but build a good understanding and allow them to do lots of practices to familiarize with the formulas and teachings.
4. Studying smartly is better than just studying hard for hours is just a waste of time. This is because a child can keep on studying for hours but if the kid fails to understand the root concept than he is failing the whole topic. Understanding the root concepts help a person to come out with answers even if the kid forgets the formulas.
5. Clear demonstration or linking your concepts with examples will help a child to remember and used it in future. This will help the child actually understands the concept and will actually stop him or her from just memorizing everything and not sure where and what to do when there is slight changes in the questions.
6. The child should be taught to take their own time to read and understand the questions first. They should read correctly and try to get the actual key points form the question so it will help them of what the question wants. This can be done by building their capability on the language skills so they can read it right and get it right as the question requires.
7. Teach your kids to learn things step by step and don’t rush into everything. This will not help them but lose everything and whatever they have learnt.
Last but not least children are capable to grab fast if it is demonstrated with live or actual examples. This can help them keep in their sub-conscious mind and use it as and when it is needed. The younger the kid is the easier and faster they can absorb and learn fast, so don’t wait just start as soon as possible. There is no age to for education as all ages are suitable for everything in education.