Cagamas scholarship application online. Cagamas scholarship (#Cagamas Scholarship) programme.
Cagamas Berhad (Cagamas), the National Mortgage Corporation of Malaysia, was established in 1986 to promote the broader spread of house ownership and growth of the secondary mortgage market in Malaysia.
Cagamas issues debt securities to finance the purchase of housing loans from primary lenders.
The provision of liquidity at a reasonable cost to the primary lenders of housing loans encourages further expansion of financing for houses at an affordable cost.
|Cagamas Scholarship Programme
This year Cagamas scholarship programme is offered to deserving and qualified Malaysian students.
If you are qualified and interested, please read on for more details about this scholarship opportunity.
We have updated Cagamas scholarship programme with the followings.
- Cagamas Scholarship
- Requirement To Apply For Cagamas Scholarship
- Cagamas Scholarship Eligible Field of Studies
- Colleges And Universities For Cagamas Scholarship
- How to Apply Cagamas Scholarship
- Cagamas Latest Contact Details
The programme is intended to reach out to deserving Malaysians who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education.
What Cagamas Scholarship Offer?
The followings are what Cagamas scholarship programme will offer to students
- Up to RM10,000 a year in course and other fees including hostel fees, or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
- There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of scholarship awarded.
- Induction Programme
An induction programme will be provided to all recipients of the Cagamas Scholarship Award. This is to ensure the recipients understand the mandate, vision, mission and values of Cagamas.
Each recipient will be assigned a “mentor” from the Management team. The mentor will provide consistent and continuous mentoring throughout the programme. This is to ensure that the recipients have the necessary support and are able to leverage on the experience of our management team.
In summary, the programme will cover the above fees and allowances up to a maximum of RM20,000 per person per annum.
What are the requirements to apply for Cagamas Scholarship?
The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
This notice of offer for the scholarship is open for applications from all Malaysian students in need of funding.
Students who have started their undergraduate studies are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
- You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2016) and be a full time student;
- You must have good academic results in SPM/STPM or equivalent (with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English);
- You must be a full-time student and have gained admission into any of the courses related to the field of studies listed here, which has been approved and accredited by Lembaga Akreditasi Negara (LAN), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by Cagamas;
- Not be in a position to take on the course without financial aid or award;
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation;
- Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
- Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by Cagamas.
Pre-Requisites and Conditions
The list of pre-requisites includes:
- A requirement to provide information on income for the applicant and/or parent(s);
- The offer of scholarship will be subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions of a scholarship agreement with Cagamas.
- Recipients of the scholarship award will be required to fulfil conditions as set out in the scholarship agreement including, but not limited to, maintaining a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or achieve a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations.
Conditions of Continued Sponsorship
Cagamas may discontinue the scholarship or any part of the scholarship, at any time should the recipient of the scholarship:
- Be unable to continue his or her studies, for whatever reason;
- Fail to achieve a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 in any semester;
- Fail to maintain conduct which is consistent with the rules and regulations specified by the college or university and is placed on probation; or
- Is in breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Cagamas scholarship agreement.
Cagamas Scholarship Eligible Fields of Study
3. Islamic Banking
4. Computer Science / Information Technology
6. Actuarial Science
7. Law / Shariah Law
Approved List of Colleges or Universities For Cagamas Scholarship
PUBLIC HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
PRIVATE HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
1. Multimedia University (MMU)
2. Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
3. Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
4. Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
5. Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
6. Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC)
7. International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
How to apply for Cagamas Scholarship
• Submit your application online;
CAGAMAS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Cagamas Scholarship Contact Details
- Please send your completed application form by post with a recent passport-sized photograph, certified photocopies of your academic transcript and/or certificates and all relevant documents to reach us no later than 16 August 2016 to:
Human Capital Department
Level 32, The Gardens North Tower
Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Or email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Visit Cagamas official website HERE
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- You may submit your application prior to receiving your acceptance by one of the Cagamas scholarship programme approved list of colleges and universities. However, any offer of scholarship will be conditional upon you meeting all
For more details and up-to-date info about Cagamas scholarship online, please contact the scholarship provider directly.