Merdeka Scholarship Grant Award Application Form online For International Attachment
Merdeka Award Grant Scholarship application form online for international attachment. Merdeka Award Grant For International Attachment is available for interested and qualified student to apply. This is a great opportunity for qualified individual to apply. Please submit your application for this scholarship online.
Merdeka Award Grant
The Merdeka Award Grant for International Attachment was announced in conjunction with the Merdeka Award Presentation Ceremony by Prime Minister YAB Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak.
It is designed to make it possible for qualified and deserving Malaysians, between the ages 22-35 to engage in short-term collaborative projects/programmes of up to three months, at an internationally-recognised host institution in select disciplines (education, arts, sports, community/social work, environment, health, science and technology).
The attachment aims to help the recipient build on his or her expertise by undergoing a learning experience in an institution or organisation of international repute, and improving the Grantee’s body of work and achievements.
The end goal is to promote thought leadership and innovation, foster a culture of excellence and encourage a world-view.
Please read through the application requirements carefully, and complete the form as required. Please also make every effort to substantiate your application with information that will showcase your expertise and experience in your chosen area of study.
Note that this application is only available online; the Merdeka Award Secretariat will not accept any hard copies or physical applications.
Deadline to submit your application is 15 August 2018
How to apply
All Grant applications must be made online at www.merdekaaward.my
Terms of Engagement
Under the Terms of Engagement, the Merdeka Award Grant recipient will be required to execute the following, under the supervision of the Merdeka Award Secretariat:
• Make a minimum of 3x weekly postings on his / her experiences on the Merdeka Award Facebook & Twitter accounts, over the course of the preparation for the attachment, the attachment itself and for a period of 3 months upon his / her return to Malaysia.
• Maintain a Merdeka Award Grant for International Attachment blog, with a minimum of 2x weekly updates on his / her experiences in the course of the preparation for the attachment, the attachment itself and for a period of 3 months upon his / her return to Malaysia. This should include written accounts, as well as photos and mini-videos.
• While on attachment, reach out to and engage with Malaysians and non-Malaysian students in similar or related areas of study, to build the Grantee’s network of contacts and colleagues around the world.
• Conduct a minimum of 6x speaking engagements upon his / her return to Malaysia, over the course of one year
• Recipient should be available to the Merdeka Award Secretariat for interviews and other publicity initiatives for a period of one year after his / her return.
The grant is awarded to qualified citizens of Malaysia, aged 22 – 35, residing in Malaysia or overseas, in the following fields:
• Education and Community
• Health, Science and Technology
Please take note of the following requirements:
• For academics, a Master or equivalent professional degree at the time of application in the field in which you are applying.
• For professionals and those outside academia, recognised professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments in the field in which you are applying.
Download the form at Merdeka Award Grant Application Form Online
Level 67, Tower 1,
PETRONAS Twin Towers,
Kuala Lumpur City Centre,
50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Upon submission, the Merdeka Award Grant committee will review the applications and shortlist candidates for interviews. You are required to meet all reasonable requests for dates and times for interviews, and are responsible for your own travel arrangements to the interview venue.
Successful applicants will be notified via email and/or phone call.
* Dates are subject to changes. Please continue to check the website for updates.
For more information on the Merdeka Award Grant for International Attachment, and to submit applications, please visit www.merdekaaward.my.
For up-to-date info about this Merdeka Scholarship contact the scholarship provider directly or visit the official website.