1. March: Submit application form by due date.
2. May – June: Written examination. Only successful candidates will be notified to sit for the examination
3. July: Interview. Only successful candidates will be notified to attend the interview.
4. August: Nomination to Tokyo Headquarters.
5. Notification of nomination result (final result).
6. April: Depart to Japan.
* Applicants must be Malaysians between 17 and 22 years of age
* Applicants must have completed SPM or O-Level with at least 11 years of formal education (EXCLUDING REMOVE CLASS).
* STPM students (lower / upper) and those who will sit for A-Level, UEC, Matriculation or Diploma examination this year may also apply.
* Applicants must have good command of English with excellent results in other major subjects.
* Applicants with prior knowledge of the Japanese language will have added advantage.
* A (SPM/ UEC / Matriculation / A-Level) or B+ (STPM) or CGPA 3.4 and above (Diploma), in English / MUET (5 or 6), Mathematics, Chemistry & Physics / Biology for those applying for Natural Science courses.
* A (SPM/ UEC / Matriculation / A-Level) or B+ (STPM) or CGPA 3.4 and above (Diploma) in English / MUET (5 or 6) & Mathematics for those applying for Social Science & Humanities courses.
* Applicants must be willing to learn the Japanese language and receive university education in the Japanese language.
* All courses.
* Social Sciences and Humanities: Law, Politics, Economics, Business Administration, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Finance, Japanese Language and et cetera.
* Nature Sciences A: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Agriculture Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Textile, Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Mercantile Marine, Biotechnology and et cetera.
* Nature Sciences B: Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Food Science, Fisheries, Pharmacy, Hygienic, Nursing, Biology, Medicine, Dentistry and et cetera.
* Living allowance of 125,000 yen (approx RM4,550) per month.
* Fees of the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be exempted.
* A round-trip airplane ticket.
How to apply
* Application forms can be collected from the Embassy of Japan or downloaded from the Embassy of Japan’s website HERE.
* Please indicate Undergraduate or Postgraduate at the top left-hand corner of ALL envelopes. Otherwise, applications WILL NOT be entertained.
* Applicants should ensure their duly completed form returned before the deadline.
* LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
* Only one (1) application per individual.
* Please attach a certified copy of SPM or O-Level or STPM+MUET or A-Level+MUET or UEC or Matriculation examination results (certified by issuer only) with the fully completed form. (Those who will sit for UEC examination this year, please attach a certified copy of Senior Middle 2 school examination results.)
* Envelope containing application must indicate “JAPANESE GOVERNMENT (MONBUKAGAKUSHO) SCHOLARSHIP – UNDERGRADUATE” on the top left-hand corner.
* All applications must be submitted directly to;
JAPAN INFORMATION SERVICE
EMBASSY OF JAPAN
NO.11, PERSIARAN STONOR,
OFF JALAN TUN RAZAK
50450 KUALA LUMPUR
* Visit the Japanese Embassy website.
* For enquiries, contact the embassy at 03-2177-2600 (ext. 146).
* An Education Counselor is stationed at Japan Information Centre (1stFloor, Embassy of Japan)every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (excluding embassy holidays) from 10am-12noon.Applicants are welcome to make use of the service here or make telephone enquiries to03-2177-2600 (ext. 185) before making a trip.
* More information on Japanese education at the Study in Japan website.
If you need more info about Japanese Government (MONBUKAGAKUSHO: MEXT) SCHOLARSHIP for Undergraduate Studies please contact them (scholarship provider directly.