Deadline to submit your application is 22 July 2016.
Please read the followings information for Indian scholarship and trust fund for more details about this scholarships. For more accurate and updated information call them directly using the contact details bellow.
The followings are some info about Indian scholarship and trust fund.
* The High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur, has created a scheme under the name of the India Scholarship and Trust Fund (ISTF).
* A small amount of financial assistance, approximately RM1,000 per year, is provided to a few meritorious Malaysian Indian students pursuing their higher education locally.
* The ISTF is a form of incentive for economically weaker sections of the Malaysian Indian community to study harder and score higher, since only the meritorious students are rewarded.
* Only shortlisted fresh applicants will be called for an interview.
* Previous recipients of the ISTF’s financial assistance, who are still pursuing the same course of study, are eligible to reapply for the ISTF’s financial assistance for another one time, by submitting the ISTF application form along with their latest documents and proof of study.
* Renewal applicants will not be called for the interview.
* When an overload of past ISTF recipients reapply, not all would get the financial assistance – in such cases the selection of renewal applicants depends totally on the criteria set by the ISTF Selection Committee.
Applicant is from a needy Malaysian Indian family
How to apply
The application forms can be obtained from the Education Wing at the High Commission of India, Kuala Lumpur, or it is also available as a DOWNLOAD HERE
|Indian Scholarship and Trust Fund
High Commission of India,
Education Wing (ISTF Scholarship),
Level 28, Menara 1 Mon’t Kiara,
No. 1, Jalan Kiara, Mon’t Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Telephone: +603 6205 2350 ext 203
Note: For more and up-to-date info please contact the scholarship provider directly
ISTF Offers Scholarship To 64 Malaysian-Indian Students
KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 7 (Bernama) — A total of 64 Malaysian-Indian students have been selected to receive financial assistance under the Indian Scholarship and Trust Fund (ISTF).
Indian High Commission in Malaysia said in a statement that it involved the disbursement of nearly RM200,000 to students who are studying in various universities here.
“This year the High Commission received a large number of applications and after scrutiny of all applications, the selection committee decided to award financial assistance to 64 economically deserving and meritorious students,” it said.
ISTF was created in 1946 by India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, and the annual interest accrued on the principal amount of the trust fund is utilised for grant of scholarship to Malaysian-Indian students every year.
The above news released is the latest updates for this Indian scholarship and trust fund opportunities.