Skim Pinjaman Yuran Pengajian di Luar Negara
Skim Pinjaman Yuran Pengajian di Luar Negara is now open for interested and qualified students to apply.
If you are still looking for study loan, this could be your best opportunity. Read on for more info about this study loan offered by the government of Malaysia
This scheme is a partial loan for students who are already studying overseas. It is targeted at bachelor degree students/graduates for distribution.
In this scheme, there are two types of loans:
(a) Pinjaman Khas Perubatan– This is for students who are pursuing critical courses.
– Students who receive this loan do not have to pay back the loan after graduation IF they agree to be bonded with the government for 10 years.
(b) Pinjaman Biasa– This for students who are pursuing special courses / other courses.
– Students who receive this loan are to pay back the loan after graduation.
Types of courses:
(a) Critical Sectors – medicine, pharmacy and dentistry
(b) Special Sectors – veterinary science, science & technology (except computer science and information technology), engineering (except electrical & electronical, mechanical and civil), architecture / RIBA Part II, accountancy / ACCA
(c) Other Sectors – law, economics, finance / banking / marketing / international business, international relations and communication
- not older than 25 years old on the 1st of January of the year the application was made;
- have not received first degree;
- family of applicant are not recipients of other loan scheme or scholarship;
- family of applicant are not defaulters of other loan schemes;
- family of applicant have not broken any contract with the government;
- only one family member is allowed to receive the loan scheme at a given time;
- for twinning programmes, the loan will be given only when the applicant is pursuing his studies overseas.
Critical Sectors pursued in Ireland, UK, Australia and New Zealand
- Applicants are pursuing full-time programmes;
- applicants have finished their first and second year overseas;
- applicants have never failed in any subjects in the first and second year of their studies;
- applicants have been accepted into their third year;
- applicants can produce the results of their first and second year overseas during their application.
1. Twinning programme (PMC – Ireland)
- Applicants have finished their first year overseas.
- Applicants have never failed in their first year of studies.
- Applicants have been accepted into their second year at the overseas institution.
- Applicants produce results of their first year upon application to JPA
2. Twinning programme (IMU)
- Applicants have finished their pre-medical course in Malaysia and have finished one semester of their first year overseas.
- Applicants have never failed in any subject for their pre-medical course and first semester of their first year overseas.
- Applicants have been accepted to do their 3rd year overseas.
- Applicants can produce their pre-medical and first semester resullts to the JPA upon application.
3. Twinning Programme (Melaka MANIPAL)
- Applicants have finished their first year overseas.
- Applicants have never failed in any subject in their first year overseas.
- Applicants have been accepted into their second year overseas.
- Applicants scored at least 70% in their first year examination.
- Applicants can produce their results for their first year examination upon application to JPA.
Critical Sectors pursued in Indonesia, India, Czech Republic, the Middle East, and Russia
- Applicants are enrolled into full-time programmes;
- Applicants have finished first year overseas;
- Applicants never failed in any subject in their first year;
- Applicants have been accepted into the second year of university overseas;
- Applicants have at least a 3.00 CGPA or equivalent in their first year examination overseas;
- Applicants can produce their results of their first year examination upon application to JPA.5
Special Sectors / Other Sectors in Ireland, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the USA and other countries
- Applicants are enrolled into full-time/ twinning/ credit transfer programmes.
- Applicants have finished their first semester (for diploma holders and those in a credit transfer programme) or a year overseas institution (for students after pre-university programmes).
- Applicants have never failed in any subject their first semester or first year overseas.
- Applicants have been accepted into the second semester / year overseas.
- Applicants have at least a 2.50 CGPA or equivalent for those in architecture or a 2.75 CGPA for other courses.
- Applicants can produce their results for the first semester / year upon application to JPA.
- International Business
- Veterinary Science
- International Relations
Program Pinjaman Khas Perubatan – RM250,000 per person Program Pinjaman Biasa – RM200,000 per person
- This loan is ONLY for students’ tuition fees and costs. Other living costs such as transportation, books, accomodation and expenses are to be self-supported.
How to apply
Applications are to be made online here. Documents are to be sent via post.
Verified hardcopies of documents need to reach the JPA before 7th of March, 2012
The following documents required are:
(a) the confirmation letter of acceptance from the website;
(b) a copy of applicant’s and family’s identification card;
(c) a copy of applicant’s and family’s birth certificate;
(d) a copy of applicant’s passport;
(e) a copy of the offer letter given by the university (unconditional offer), along with the annual and total tuition fees.
(f) a copy of applicant’s examination results for any first degree before the time of application;
(g) a copy of applicant’s STPM / Matriculation / Foundation / Diploma / A-Level / IB / TER / equivalent certificate;
(h) a copy of applicant’s SPM results;
(i) a copy of applicant’s (if there is) and parents’ income:
- for government servants, present latest salary slip and EC form or retirement card with statement of pension
- for private sector workers, present latest salary slip and EA form or statement letter of retirement.
- for self-employed workers, fill in income form (can be downloaded here) and Form B (LHDN)
(j) a copy of “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the Ministry of Higher Education for those pursuing medicine, pharmacy and dentistry only
(k) a financial / bank statement or other letters to proof that applicants have the finances to support his living costs and etc.
All documents must be arranged in the same order as the list above, bound (comb-binding), and verified by the Pegawai Kerajaan dalam Kumpulan Pengurusan dan Professional
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia Bahagian Pembangunan Modal InsanAras 5, Blok C1, Kompleks C
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
(u.p: Unit Penawaran Latihan Sebelum Perkhidmatan)
Tel :03-8885 3436/ 3892/ 3564
Faks :03-8889 2172
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org