If you are looking for places to do your Medical Qualifying Exams in Malaysia, this list is probably useful to you.
Medical graduates from unrecognised foreign universities can now take their medical qualifying exams (MQE) in all of the 16 universities in Malaysia that offer medicine, including private universities.
Previously, only 3 universities offered the exams – Universiti Malaya (UM), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
Also, medical graduates can take the exams with an unlimited amount of times until they pass.
Previously, graduates could only take the exams three times.
Medical students who graduate from foreign universities which are unrecognised by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) basically need to take this exam in order to be registered as medical doctors and start their housemanship.
This move of increasing the amount of universities that offer the exams makes it easier for graduates, especially those who live farther away to find locations to take the exams.
Besides that, the MMC is also looking at the top 11 universities in China in order to accredit their medical degrees.
Below is the list of universities that offer the MQE:
4. Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
5. Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (Unimas)
6. Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
7. Penang Medical College
8. International Medical University
9. AIMST University
10. Melaka-Manipal Medical College
11. Royal College of Medicine Perak
12. Monash University Sunway Campus
13. UCSI University
14. Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences
15. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia
16. Management and Science University
Click HERE for MMC’s lists of recognised and unrecognised universities.