Chevening Scholarships (Biasiswa Chevening) Malaysia are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year taught Master’s degree programme at any UK university. They provide a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencer and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. A Chevening award offers financial support along with the opportunity of becoming part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
A Chevening scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applications for Chevening Scholarships (Biasiswa Chevening) in Malaysia can be made through their online application portal.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must have the followings:-
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
• Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
• Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
• Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices
• Meet the Chevening English language requirement
You are NOT eligible for a Chevening Award if you:
• Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
• Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2015) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2015) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening/Partner Award from the organisation for which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
• (Note: Immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years)
• Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. However, if you have previously studied under a UK Government-funded scholarship (including Chevening), you may be eligible to apply for a Chevening Fellowship five years after completion of your initial UK Government-funded scholarship.
• Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your professional goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
How to Apply
Application for Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted using Chevening online application system, available through the “apply” button on this page.
Application for the scholarship is now closed, but will be open again in August 2018.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate/postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master’s course choices
- English language
- UK Master’s University offer
The followings are some details about Chevening scholarship eligibility, requirements and deadline. This is a scholarship offer from the UK government.
The Scholarships not only offer financial support to study for a Master’s degree at the UK’s leading universities, but the opportunity to become part of an influential and highly regarded global network.
We aim to attract talented professionals who are potential future leaders, decision-makers and opinion formers. We accept applications from a wide range of subject areas, however, we particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Civil rights
- Climate change
- Cyber security
- Financial regulation
- Foreign policy
- Good governance
- Human rights
- Islamic finance
- Maritime law
- Security policy
- Sustainable development
- Trade and investment
Note: The above list may change from time-to-time. For the latest list please visit the scholarship provider official website.
Last year, following a highly competitive process, 19 Scholars were selected from Malaysia to study in the UK. You can find out more about the experiences of our Chevening Scholars Malaysia on the Scholar Profiles Page of this website.
A Chevening Scholarship in Malaysia includes: a monthly stipend, travel to and from your country via an approved route, an arrival and excess baggage allowance, a thesis or dissertation grant, the cost of an entry clearance visa and full tuition fees. Please note that a global tuition fee cap of £12,000 will apply for MBA courses, and successful scholars wishing to study an MBA will be expected to fund the remainder of the tuition fee costs.
Do you have the potential to be a future leader and a desire to study in the UK? If you would like to enhance your leadership skills and become part of the growing Chevening network, read about how to apply for a Chevening Scholarship in Malaysia.
To apply for this scholarship visit >>> Chevening Scholarship Malaysia Online
For more and up-to-date info contact Chevening scholarship provider directly.