The Government of Japan offers the following scholarship programmes each year for Malaysian nationals to apply. Interested applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully. Unless stated otherwise, scholarship applications should be made to the Embassy of Japan, Kuala Lumpur. Please note that the requirements and application period differ among these programmes.
The followings are some of the criteria
1. Malaysian citizen
2. You must be at least 17 and under 22 years of age
3. Applicant must have completed SPM or O-level or UEC with at least 11 years of formal education (excluding remove class). STPM students (lower or upper) and those who will sit for A-level, diploma or matriculation examinations this year may also apply, provided that the results will be known. Use your SPM result to apply.
4. SPM/UEC – 8A (A+ or A) including mathematics, English, chemistry, physics/biology for natural science courses OR 7A (A= or A) including mathematics and English for social science courses
5. STPM – B+ in mathematics, chemistry, physics/biology, and band 5 in MUET for natural science courses OR B+ in mathematics and English for social science courses
6. Applicants must be willing to learn the Japanese language and to receive university education in the Japanese language
7. For more information, click here
READ ALSO: Ajinomoto Scholarship
• Business Administration
• Japanese Language
• Engineer (mechanical, chemical, electrical, electronics, textile, metallurgical, mining, environmental, agriculture, information)
• Naval architecture
• Applied chemistry
• Mercantile Marine
Estimated monthly allowances of 117,000 yen (subject to change) will be given to each grantee during the term of his/ her scholarship. Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be exempted.
READ ALSO: Japanese Government Scholarship Monbukagakusho (MEXT) for Master Degree
How to Apply
MEXT Scholarship For Undergraduate
Japan Information Service
Embassy of Japan
No. 11 Persiaran Stonor
Off Jalan Tun Razak
50450 Kuala Lumpur
For more and up-to-date information about Japanese Government Scholarship Monbukagakusho (MEXT) please contact the scholarship provider directly.