Read further information about scholarship >> HERE
If you are interested to look for more option or scholarship opportunities, visit our previous info about complete scholarship list Malaysia. You may find something interesting there.
Actually there are so many scholarship opportunities in Malaysia. Just that you are probably not aware about them.
The Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award provides qualified young Malaysians with the golden opportunity to further their studies locally or overseas. We are offering financial assistance for undergraduate studies to those who have excelled academically and are active leaders with their extra-curricular activities.
The goal of this scholarship fund is to assist qualified recipients to establish a strong foundation for their future and turn their dreams into reality. Preference are given but not limited to :
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Business/ Marketing
- Engineering (Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical)
- Human Resources
- Social Sciences
Applicants must meet the following criteria when applying for the Genting Malaysia scholarship:
1. Malaysian citizen aged 23 years and below.
2. Must be waiting for admission to pursue a full-time degree course in a local or overseas university. Those already pursuing a degree are not eligible.
3. Must possess the requisite pre-university qualification:
i) STPM: minimum 3 As, OR
ii) Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above, OR
iii) A-Level: minimum 3 As, OR
iv) Australian TER: minimum 90.0, OR
v) Recognized foundation/Pre-university courses: equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, OR
vi) International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
4. Strong leadership skills demonstrated through active participation in extra-curricular activities.
5. Family household income not exceeding RM 5,000.00 per month.
6. Not presently holding other scholarship or study loan.
7. For the preferred fields and approved universities, please refer to FAQs.
Note: Relevant work experience, co-curricular activities, professional qualifications, and achievements, where applicable, are added advantages.
How To Apply
Submit your application at Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award Application Form Online
Read the followings info before for more details about how to apply for Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award
a. All scholarship applications and supporting documents must be submitted via the online submission system before the closing date.
b. All required fields (i.e. personal particulars, information on courses applied, particulars of parent/guardian, education background, etc.) must be completed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
c. Applicants must submit the following supporting documents together with their application form:
1. Passport-sized photograph
2. Education certificates (STPM/A-Level and/or Diploma certificates, university acceptance/offer
3. Updated résumé – including applicant’s co-curricular/extra-curricular activities, achievements and certificates
4. Parent’s/Guardian’s Income Tax J-Form
5. One (1) page PowerPoint summary of yourself, illustrating your personal profile, aspirations, academic background, and any other relevant facts.
d. All attached documents should not exceed 6MB in file size and each attachment’s size is limited to 500KB. You will not be able to submit your application if the total file size exceeds 6MB or if any of the attachment’s size exceeds 500KB. Please reduce your attachment’s size before submission.
e. Please note that this application is only available online. GENTING MALAYSIA SCHOLARSHIP AWARD DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS. Completed applications must reach us latest by 14 April 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.
Good luck to those applying for this Genting Malaysia scholarship.