If you are looking for a scholarship to study abroad at one of the best universities in the world to do your postgraduate programmes, MARA is open for application now for Biasiswa MARA Program Pasca Siswazah Luar Negara.
This postgraduate scholarship programmes is open to interested and qualified bumiputera student to apply.
Read on for more details about this scholarship.
Since our previous post about Biasiswa Dan Pinjaman Pelajaran MARA was so popular, we decided to write some updates here for your further information.
Postgraduate programmes is meant to level;
- Doctor of Philosophy
Field of Study
Postgraduate scholarship courses or field of study is sponsored:-
- Expertise Medical / Dental / Science and Technology (Applied Medical Course)
- Allied Health Sciences
- Information Technology / Computer Science / Information Systems
- Applied Science
- Quantitative Science
- Pure Sciences
- Finance / Banking / Accounting / Economics / International Business / Professional
- Accounting – CA / ACCA / CIMA / ICAEW and related
- Technical and non-technical areas critical to national needs
Course or field of study that can be followed in the form of coursework (Coursework) or Research (By Research) in full-time and is recognized by the Malaysian Government and the relevant professional body.
Basic Requirements Qualified to Apply
- Bumiputera Malays and Malaysians
- The age limit for applicants is no more than following the date of submission of application:
- Candidate Master’s Degree and 35 years of Professional
- PhD Candidate / Expert 40 years
- Have graduated during the advertisement.
- Have a minimum diploma qualifications to apply for sponsorship at the MARA Professional. Qualification certificates will not be considered.
- Did not receive financial support / sponsorship from any agency for the study or the same level.
- Received a conditional offer of study (conditional offer) or unconditional (unconditional offer) from the university.
- Preference given to applicants who received offers from top ranking universities in the field of study in respect of the reference www.timeshighereducation.co.uk, Academic Ranking of World Universities – www.arwu.org and QS World University Ranking – www.topuniversities.com
- Applicants are required to sit tests English International Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) which are relevant and meet the performance requirements set by MARA
- Occupation is related to the examination if required by the university, such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), and so forth. Levels of achievement are as determined by the university.
- Get release / contract of service or delay repayment if ever sponsored by the MARA or other corporate sponsors to previous studies. There is no education loans or debts blacklist status of previous studies should be sponsored by MARA.
- There was terminated by the help of any sponsors on account of disciplinary action and violate state law.
- Obtain approval of study leave without pay or a written confirmation of discharge / resignation from the employer for applicants who are in service.
- For candidates among the teaching staff at Public Higher Learning Institutions (IPTA) shall submit the approval letter of resignation.
- Attended courses organized by MARA or other agencies if it is part of the mandatory requirements before going abroad.
Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with credits for all subjects taken.
- Professional level to diploma students: Results of the Diploma:
- Technical Course: 3:50 CGPA above or equivalent.
- Non-Technical Courses: CGPA 3.75 and above or equivalent
- To the Masters and Doctor of Philosophy: Results of the latest Bachelor, Master and Professional:
- Technical Course: CGPA 3.00 above or equivalent.
- Non-Technical Course: 3:50 CGPA above or equivalent.
- Students are required to sit the following examinations and meet the requirements set by MARA:
- International Language Testing System (IELTS) Band 6.5 with the overall performance above or
- Test of English language as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a performance 79/120 (Internet Based Test) or
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) of 1,000 points.
- Pass an interview conducted by MARA.
- Only qualified candidates after filtered by excellence from the SPM, the latest academic and got an offer from a high ranking university in the course will be given priority.
Applications must be submitted on-line (online) in the portal MARA Postgraduate Application System.
- Submit your application before the closing date.
- Applicants who do not get feedback from the Mara after 3 months from the closing date for applications is deemed unsuccessful.
- Please visit Mara www.mara.gov.my from time to time to get the latest information on the application.
- Please see also provided an offer advertising and sponsorship applications MARA for this graduate program.
- Please read the comments on the Higher Education Loans Overseas MARA SPC scheme as a guide.
- This offer is for the academic session starting in the month of July 2011 to February 2012.
- Candidates are required to arrange their own placements to Leading Institutions of Higher Education Abroad. More information about the university can be obtained from the relevant bodies such as
- British Council (UK) Tel: 03-2723 7900
- Malaysian British Educational Cooperation Services (MABECS) Tel: 03-7956 7655
- Irishman Universities & Medical Schools Consortium (Ireland) Tel: 03-2163 2302
- International Development Programme (Education Australia) Tel: 03-2162 3755 / 03-5636 5548
- Germany Academic Exchange Service (DAAD-KL) Tel: 03-2148 0568
- Canadian Education Centre Tel: 03-2162 2901
- Malaysian American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) Tel: 03-2166 8878
- Nazza Education Sdn. Bhd.. Tel: 03-2693 9121
Any questions regarding sponsorship MARA for this graduate program can be presented to
Director of Education Organisation
Level 3, MARA Headquarters
Jalan Raja Laut,
50609 Kuala Lumpur
(U / P: Policy & Development Unit IPT / Sponsorship Unit)
Hotline: 03-2693 6666, 03-2694 6622 and 03-2694 336
For latest and further information please contact the scholarship provider (Biasiswa MARA Program Pasca Siswazah Luar Negara) directly or visit their official website.