* Applicants or their parents must be a Maxis postpaid customer with a minimum of one year tenure with Maxis postpaid services, having a good payment record with Maxis.
* Applicants must be Malaysian citizens aged below 23 years old.
* Applicants must not be bonded to any body and must have secured an unconditional offer or acceptance letter from a local or foreign university prior to receiving the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA).
* Note that applicants can apply for the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) with a conditional offer letter from a local or foreign university. Upon being awarded the Scholarship, they must have an unconditional offer or acceptance letter from their university of choice.
* Applicants currently in their 1st or 2nd year of undergraduate studies may also apply for this scholarship.
* Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and be active in extra-curricular activities. Applicants must at least pass their SPM examinations and achieve any of the followingresults in their foundation course of choice:
1. STPM – minimum 3 As or
2. Matriculation / Diploma – CGPA 3.5 or above or
3. A Levels – minimum 3 As or
4. Australian TER – minimum 90.0 or
5. Recognized foundation/Pre-university courses – equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above or
6. Current 1st or 2nd year university students must have a CGPA of 3.5 or above
* Applicants are also required to:
1. Possess a good command of the English language, both written and oral;
2. Be a team player;
3. Excel in extra-curricular activities and sports; and
4. Possess leadership qualities.
* The local or foreign university must be recognized by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. For local universities, there is no restriction to field of studies; for foreign universities, preferred field of studies are those related to the telecommunications industry.
* Maxis is open to considering applicants to any university locally or nationally. However, priority is given to those who have obtained admission into the preferred list of universities.
* In keeping with industry practice, those who are pursuing local degrees will not be bonded, while those who pursue overseas courses will be bonded for 3 years.
* There is no restriction on field of study for local university.
* However, for foreign universities the field of studies preferred are those related to telecommunication industry:
1. Business Administration/ Management/ Marketing / Accounting/ Finance/ Communications/ Human Resources Management;
2. Engineering – Electronic/ Electrical/ Power/ Computer Communications, Telecommunications,
3. Civil and Mechanical;
4. Computer Science/Information Technology/Information System/Science Quantitative;
5. Mathematics and Actuarial Science;
* Maxis plans to offer around 40 scholarships a year- 30 scholarships for local universities and 10 for foreign universities.
* The value will depend on the location of the institute of higher learning the applicant selected. If the scholar is pursuing an undergraduate course in Malaysia, the scholarship awarded is up to RM 10,000 per year. If the scholar is studying in a foreign institution, the scholarship awarded is up to RM 150,000 per year.
The scholarship amount includes the following:-
1. Tuition fees (at cost)
2. Maintenance allowance (fixed amount)
3. Book allowance (fixed amount)
4. Flight tickets (at cost, for overseas students)
How to apply
* Apply online Maxis Scholarship For Excellence Award (MSEA) Online Application Form.
* Before filling in the online application form, please note that MAXIS DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS. Applicants must prepare soft copies of the following documents, which should be attached with the form and sent to the scholarship committee;
1. Proof of age (Certified Birth Certificate / Certified I.C.),
2. Relevant academic transcripts including your SPM and foundation course results (STPM Results / A-Level Results / Matriculation Results / Diploma Results / Foundation Study Results),
3. Letter of admission from the university,
4. Two letters of recommendation from people who are qualified to provide insight into the applicant’s potential for success and leadership,
5. Resume (This MUST be included if the applicant has any prior work experience)
6. Any other documents that applicants wish to submit to strengthen their application including copies of articles written, reports of volunteer work, extra-curricular certificates etc.
* All attached documents can be in any of these formats: DOC, PDF, GIF and JPG. Each document must not exceed the maximum file size of 500 KB (for JPG and GIF images) and 1MB (for DOC and PDF files). A maximum of 6 files can be attached. In the event that more than 5 files need to be uploaded, please combine the files and upload them under the category “Others” and ensure that the file names are reflective of their content.
* Anyone eligible can apply. Students pursuing local courses must obtain the written consent of Maxis if they are or will be receiving any loans, funds, awards or any forms of monetary or financial assistance (but not scholarships and the likes) from individuals or organisations. However, students pursuing overseas courses are not allowed to receive any loans, funds, scholarships or any forms of monetary or financial assistance from any other body or organisation and must terminate all such arrangements prior to accepting a scholarship from Maxis. Students will have to be responsible for the settlement of any loans to the body/organisation which originally provided the loans.
* Visit the Maxis website.
* Read the FAQs HERE.
* Under certain conditions (inter alia, slow or intermittent Internet connection, peak usage hours), our website may return error messages. If this happens, you need to:
1. Copy and paste the error message text and codes, and send it to email@example.com , OR
2. Save the screen capture of the error message, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
* In the case of power outage during your application, you may have to complete and submit the online form again.